Monday, May 21, 2007

Persian Valley Girls at Carlyle

It's amazing how some people manage to squeeze through the cracks (or have rich daddies who hook them up). NY Mag just profiled Natasha Mitra who is an associate at Carlyle (after a stint at the Dirty Bear).

A couple points:
1. That bag is so hideous that any socialite can just look at it to induce vomiting when she needs to purge. Your personal shopper was clearly trying to pawn you a shitty sample from last-last season's collection. Big was in maybe 3 years ago? And this thing is big enough to fit your nose (well, almost).
2. Clearly you spent all that money on the bag and wound up with no cash to get your nappy ass (it's OK to say because she's only brown) hair done so it didn't look like a used mop.
3. Your choice of Brands - for someone who works for a consumer group you clearly have no class and still go for the big logo names. Here's a hint, sweetheart - a real quality piece doesn't need to advertise its price with a big label because it's self-evident. Jigga said it best: "My chick burn it down Bergdorf's/Comin' back with Birkin bags/Your chick is like, "What type of purse is that?"".
4. Your sunglasses, to quote South Park are those "only Persians would like." Which I guess does make them "wild and crazy and different" - sort of like a rabid monkey in a clown suit.
clipped from nymag.com
How old are you?
I’m 26.
What do you do for a living?
I work in private equity. I love the sector that I work in, which is the consumer and retail group. It’s an area that I’m passionate about. I love to consume. Consuming is my specialty.
Such big accessories!
My bag was a really special purchase. I work with this woman at Louis Vuitton—she picks things out for me, sends pictures, and tells me to pick what I like. She called one day and was like, “I picked a bag for you, and I’m sending it to your house because I know you’re going to love it.” I think it’s called the Stratus.
Was the bag expensive?
Yes—about $3,500. I guess a lot of craftsmanship goes into it. Accessories for me are the key. I have about twenty bags, and I don’t know how many shoes. But they’re Vuitton, they’re Versace, they’re Gucci, and they’re Dior.
And your sunglasses?
They’re D&G. I was really excited to find them. They’re wild and crazy and different.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your comment has received kudos

http://www.autoadmit.com/thread.php?thread_id=635204&forum_id=2#8152553

thalassa_mikra said...

You called her brown so I'm assuming you know that she's not Persian. Or do you think of Persians as brown as well? She's just metaphorically Persian right?

Anyway, hideous bag, but when was the last time LV came up with anything tasteful.

Arbitrageur said...

Correct, I was evoking the gaudy Persian stereotype (which had just been made fun of by South Park). As for LV - that was precisely my point. Someone who works for a consumer products group should know better. For that matter anyone who claims to care a dime about fashion should know to stay away from something as trite and dated as giant LV bags and big white D&G shades.